Well, this morning was very interesting. I fainted for the first time in a very long time around 9:30am. I had finished eating breakfast and we were talking in the kitchen when I thought I was going to be sick. So, I told MJ to move over and stood in front of sink breathing heavily. My vision started to blur and I remember saying "I think I'm going to pass out" and next thing I know I wake up on the floor with him looking down at me. Thank goodness he was standing right behind me! He said I just slumped back right into him and kind of twitched a little bit. But, I wasn't out for more than a few seconds. Mj says it was just long enough for him to get me to the ground. His response "You would have made quite a thud." My hero.
Anyway, I'll be calling the doctor on Monday to report what happened and see if they think anything of it. I feel fine now, though. I'll just take it easy and not go to the gym until I speak to the doctor. So, I'll post again, hopefully to say that it was nothing unusual.
**UPDATE**
Okay, so after I posted I read my books, and they said that while dizzyness is quite common, actually fainting is not. Both recommended calling your doctor immediately, so I did, and the nurse on call for the weekend told me to go to the ER, not to wait until Monday. So, MJ and I got to spend a very lovely 3 hours there. During that time, they took a urine sample, gave me an IV, monitored by blood pressure and heart rate, did an EKG to check my heart for irregularities, and did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay.
Okay, so the ultrasound part was a nice bonus. It was cool because the baby was squirming all around, we could see it flailing it's arms and legs.
After 3 hours, I was released. There was nothing wrong with me other than a touch of dehydration. I find this diagnosis funny because I drink more water than anyone else I know, but I'm also going to the bathroom ridiculously often. So, I'm supposed to just take it easy for a few days, drink tons of water, and call the doctor on Monday to check in. Everything's fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i havent been on here for awhile....just am reading this today...scary stuff.....am glad everything is ok
ReplyDelete