So, I have officially finished the 6th month and am now in the 3rd trimester. I can already see how things are going to be different.
1. I'm waddling when I walk. How do I know? I have very nice friends who point it out to me.
2. Heartburn. At least it is scientifically proven that heartburn=hair on the baby. We'll see. We had a pepperoni pizza from Myles last week, that proved to be a very bad decision. I will avoid all Myles pizza from now on.
3. The baby's movement has increased dramatically. I can feel it pretty much all the time. Yesterday Patsy even got to enjoy watching my shirt move a little bit.
4. Back pain.
So, there's good and there's not so good. Oh well, it's all part of the deal. Next week I go for my gestational diabetes test, so here's hoping that goes well. I'm also getting very excited for the baby shower next Saturday. Everyone has been working so hard on it, I'm sure it will be a wonderful day. I've even already gotten some gifts in the mail from friends who aren't able to make it; I have good friends.
Your pregnancy: 27 weeksThis week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:
Post a Comment